The Dubai government always gives prime priority to the safety and security of the people in the state. The Security Industry Regulatory Agency (SIRA) was established in 2016 by a decree from HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai. SIRA aims to provide high-end security by implementing international standard security devices and services.
What is SIRA approval?
SIRA works as a governing body to keep Dubai as the safest and secured place in the world. SIRA is responsible to protect the lives and welfare by implementing highly secured systems, suggesting new rules, training the new security team and inspecting the new facilities with a vision of “Security leadership for sustainable protection”. According to SIRA, the current count of security providers in Dubai is 698.
SIRA certification is necessary to operate in Dubai for the security companies, personnel and products. SIRA has their own training center called” Security Cadre Training Centre” (SCTC)” to carry out the training sessions and examinations.
SIRA approved CCTV companies in Dubai have SIRA Certified professionals to work according to SIRA rules and regulations. They have the approval to install security systems and alarm equipment in malls, restaurants, schools, hospitals, apartments, industries etc.
Type of Security License to Companies and Establishments
The types of security licenses to companies and establishments as per the resolution depends on their activities. Some of them are listed below,
- Trading in Security Devices and Equipment
- Installing Security Devices and Equipment
- Technical Survey
- General Guarding
- Event Security and Personal Guarding
- Money and Valuables Transport
- Security System Inspection
- Command and Control Services
- Manufacturing Security Devices
- Renting out Security Devices and Equipment
How do I get SIRA approval in Dubai?
SIRA has an online portal to apply for approval of CCTV systems. All the SIRA approved Security Service Providers (SSP) can access the portal. First you (SSP) have to upload all the details of the system like model number, camera name, ip address, schematic diagram and maintenance agreement to the online portal. You can request SIRA for an audit after you complete the documentation and installation.
While receiving the audit request SIRA will assign an auditor to check the CCTV system. Auditor will schedule a time for site audit. During site auditing the auditor will check if your CCTV system relies on SIRA rules and regulations or not. If the system is completely according to SIRA rules you will get a “PASS” certificate. If not, the auditor will give you a “Fail” report with the reason to fail and the actions/changes you need to make it “PASS”. After rectifying the problems the SSP can reapply for auditing.
The approved inspection report is uploaded in an online portal by the Auditor and SSP will get a NOC. The company or establishment license will be valid only for one year.
CCTV Camera Installation- Rules and Regulations by SIRA
Security Requirements and General Technical Specifications for Cameras
- They must be colored and must be visible.
- The cameras should be aimed to be manufactured for security purposes to work for an extended period without interruption.
- The outdoor cameras must be an IP66 rating and should be placed in a protective container.
- Auto Iris must be used for sites where the lighting varies according to the time.
- Cameras installed 4 meters and above must have the remote zoom and focus ability.
- Cameras fitted with audio microphone recording cannot be used unless permitted from SIRA.
- Must be colored and the resolution must not be less than FullHD1080p on the analogous system
- The color scheme must be compatible with the PAL (Phase Alternating Line) color scheme adopted in the UAE.
- The signal-to-noise ratio must not be less than 48dB.
- Must be colored and resolution must not be less than FullHD1080p.
- Variable bit rate must be activated and the fixed bit rate must not be used or activated, without maximum speed limits
- They must be compatible with all standard security systems management software operating in the market or capable of linking directly with well-known standard systems.
- The signal-to-noise ratio must not be less than 48dB
Inditech Middle East is a well-known SIRA-approved CCTV Company in Dubai with a highly professional team of SIRA Licensed Professionals. We will take care of your security system installations and alarming systems.